11.22.2007

dani - self portraits.

I came across this really cool blog called the self portrait challenge while I was reading jaclyn's site. it looks pretty cool, and for someone who loves her camera, perfect. the only rules are you have to take the picture and you have to be in the picture. this months theme is "What I Wear". one can interpret that however they want.


What I Wear - Week 3. 11.21.07, canon EOS rebel XTI
I wear my hair down, typically unbrushed and in it's natural wavy state. There was once a time when my hair was my obsession. I constantly primped my locks, they were always brightly colored and cleverly cut. If one had told the Dani two years ago that her hair would go untouched by a professional's hand for almost six months, she would of laughed at them. But alas, the last time I did a thing with my hair was in July. It was jet black with chunky hot pink layers. It was cut with thick and deliberate layers. Now it's faded to a dark brown with blonde that is tinted pink. It's grown out and the layers no longer have their funk. I've stopped using shampoo and conditioner and instead opted for the all natural baking soda and apple cider vinegar. I wear my hair with pride and I love it.
I wear Lauren's necklace. I loved it the moment I saw it, I love it just as much today. It is now held together with a twist tie because of a nursing baby that insisted on breaking it off. That might of been one of the dysphoric occurrences my daughter has brought about to date. I remember Lauren and I used to study the jewels and make comments on how much we loved the oval shaped darker blue stone. We loved how it was off centered and not quite in place. We loved the opaque turquoise stone with the translucent shades of blue. I'm still so thankful that she gave me this necklace, it's my favorite thing.





What I Wear - Week 4 c. 2004, canon rebel GII
We wore fancy jewelry. The first bracelet was a clasp on I found at a garage sale in Circleville when was at the pumpkin show. I fell in love with the ornate designs in the metal. In each segment was a pink, light green, or oral-esque stone. Sadly, I have recently misplaced this bracelet, I miss it very much. The second bracelet if I remember correctly, belonged to Lauren's mother. I don't think I need to explain why we loved this retro intricate piece of jewelry. The second image doesn't quite go along with the self portrait theme, seeing as how it is Lauren's ear featured. But it was a series of images and it does play on the theme of our adventures with jewelry and piercings. I wish she knew how much I missed her, and how much I need her.
These images are polaroid lifts placed on watercolor paper, incase anyone wondered about such matters.

No comments: