9.14.2007

she was born, once.

adria danielle
born may 4th 2006 at 4:32 am
8 pounds 21.5 inches
39 weeks and 6 days

taken from my xanga on may 5th, 2006:

I went to the doctors for my 40 week check up, and I guess I was toxemic and 4 cm dilated, so they told me to go straight to the hospital to get induced. well, we didn't go straight there exactly. I had to come home and shower and get my stuff.... blah blah blah...
we get to the hospital at 6:15 pm, and I'm 5 cm. the doctor came in, broke my water and started the petocin at 6:45. before that, I wasn't feeling ANY of the contractions, but then they started getting pretty bad, so I got this pain medication at 8 and then the epidural at 8:30ish.

they had to do the epidural twice because I guess he missed the first time, but it wasn't that bad because the contractions distracted me and I already had some form of pain killer in me. I ended up getting the epidural two more times because towards the end the pressure was WAY too much to handle.

after that, I pretty much slept until 3 am, which is when the nurse woke me up to tell me I was 9 cm. then I was 10 by 4ish, and then we started pushing. 30 something minutes later, she was born!

I guess I did really good, so says everyone. I didn't yell or scream or anything . plus the labor didn't last long, and I only pushed for 25 minutes or something like that.

nursing is going great! for the first few hours she wouldn't/couldn't nurse. but they said it was because she was too tired... but now everything is going wonderful
last belly pic!



grandma, daddy, baby


me looking all red, swollen, and greasy.

boob>baby

right when we came home.




notice my brother's graffiti



I had to compare.

No comments: